Sunny last day of the year in Seattle

A nice walk to Lake Washington on this sunny last day of the year.  I am thankful for the adventures I had of this year.  I rang in last new Year with my European friends at the snowball in Solna. What a delightful time.  Then I went to Paris for five days where I met some interesting people on various tours.  Upon return to Seattle there was a brief break in traveling before got to French Polynesian, including Tahiti, Morrea, and Bora bora.  Swimming in the ocean at night under the southern hemisphere was really special.  Back to Seattle.  Then a three week trip to Asia starting in Vietnam.  At the vietnam lindy exchange I met a lot of people and danced a lot.  I also injured my leg and was doing things with pain.  Then to Thailand for 36 hours in bankok.  I went dancing, did a boat tour, got massages, visited temples, saw people I had met in Seattle and in Vietnam.  Then I went to Japan to start my adventure on the shikoku 88.  I spent five days in tokushima.  I visited temples during the day and rested at night.  My leg hurt.  Then I went to Matsuyama and visited a couple of temples before flying to Korea to go to the Asian Balboa festival, and the Jump to Tokyo.  Then I flew back to Matsuyama where I continued my shikoku 88 journey.  I found Dr Stretch in Matsuyama.  The stretching and massage they did was life changing.  I really felt better.  I then went to Saka Japan and attended the ceremony for my in laws.   Back to Seattle, only to go to the last Lindy bout in Vancouver.    My leg had started to feel better. I continued to go to yoga and Pilates which completely cured my leg pains over a couple of months of hard work.  I was back to singing in the Seattle Mannschoir.  I had a lot to catch up with all my absences.  We had a concert on May 17th in Seattle, and then we went to Salem for my first Sängerfest. It was really special.  The sad thing was that Earling had a stroke and never left salem.  It was fun having him in the choir.  I traded my steak for his as it was not cooked they way he liked it.  Then it was off to Herraz Sweden for dance camp. A nice week meeting up with old and new friends.my friend  visited  from Japan, and when I took them out to a bar, I was bit a couple of times on the breast by a drunken woman at a bar.  We were going to go to Vancouver but stayed home with Caroline's passing. It was do sad.  Then we went to Osaka and particular in Osaka Lindy exchange.  I continued the shikoku 88 getting as far as kochi.  I met up with fumiko and we went to Hiroshima. Then we went to the Mayan Lindy festival in Cancun.  We stayed in van and visited the Mayan Temple and cenote.  We spent Thanksgiving in Ridgecrest and visiting Joshua tree national Park.  We finished off the year by staying in Seattle... Next year will be even better.  I know it

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cats in Istanbul are the new Sultans.