When tenants finally leave

I had a tenant move out recently.  During their stay they were very hesitant to let anyone in the apartment. It could be that they are private, or that they don't want you to see how dirty it is, or any damage they may have caused. This tenant did clean up a little.  I have seen worse and much better.  The one thing that really bothered me is I found that they not only too lol the battery out of the smoke detector, but they unplugged my it ad disconnected the power wires.  As the power goes to other smoke detectors it was a potential danger to anyone else living in the building. I get it that they the detectors are sensitive.  Closing a door to the room with the detectors from the kitchen, or making sure the fan above the stove is before cooking is the way to keep it from going off.  That was one thing the other thing was that several things were loose such as the toilet seat and the toilet to the floor.  It would have been very easy for them to ask it to be tightened or even do it themselves. Another issue was the stove. It is a gas stove that was not functioning correctly.  If the burner didn't light it would still put out gas. I had smelled gas before and couldn't find the leak.  I was checking the stove to see if everything worked and found this.  I am getting a new stove.  At any time I would have known this I would have replaced the stove.  So they let something that could be a fire hazard exist, and they disconnected a smoke alarm that would have detected if there was a fire.  So.  I am glad the luck lasted until they moved on.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cats in Istanbul are the new Sultans.