Week in review. In some ways a good week

Sometimes a week seems better than others.  It is Sunday and I am thinking about things that went well.  On Monday was yoga and a walk. I was cleaning  around  the house and fumiko said to me bring the thinner.  I had no idea what thinner she bought and I looked in the car.  Later I asked her what she meant.  She says make dinner.  I made dinner but then she said she didn't have time to eat it.  I said I made it she had to eat.  So we ate together.  It is funny that she wanted me to eat before going.  I was just going to skip dinner and eat after choir.  In the evening a nice choir practice with the men's Norwiegen choir.  After that I headed to Whidbey Island.  I was able to get gas, stop for a massage, and get to the ferry before 11pm.  I didn't wait long.  I had a very nice sleep.  It is so quiet there.  On Tuesday I met with the septic people.  This went well because they were able to fix something that had been never installed correctly over twenty four years ago.  I collected a full load of metal.  Some things that were there from when we built but were not used.  It is nice to finally finish something.  More to do but two things that were waiting for over 20 years were taken care of.  I was sitting having lunch and I saw the mouse that we have been seeing evidence of being in the house but not catching it.  I got into action cleaning the house.  I was able to find the love where the mice were able to get in.  They had chewed the weather trim by the door.  I went to oak harbor and got some traps, and weather stripping.  I got a massage as well.  I go back and install the traps and the weather stripping after cleaning up the mouse droppings. Later that evening I heard a noise and I had caught the mouse.  I picked him and the glue trap and put it outside.  I thought he could get away.  I didn't want to kill him.  The next morning I didn't see him so I think he should be alive.  I mowed the lawn and headed back later to Seattle.  It was a pleasant trip and I enjoyed the time alone.  I went to swing it and century.  There are always a few people I want to dance with but I am taking more time to watch and rest between dancing.  I think this is in part from doing yoga.  To do something well you have to have rest.  Just dancing song after song is fun, but it is hard to reflect on any particular dance with someone.  I had a nice first dance with a woman at century.  She said she saw me at salsa dancing.  I guess I should go salsa dancing more. Thursday I finally got my tooth fixed.  After almost a year of problems, and several visits to different dentists, my original dentist replaced the work he did.  He spent a whole hour on the one filling.  When it was done it really felt better.  I will continue to take care of my teeth. I feel happy that was resolved.  On Thursday was Pilates and a nice walk.  On Friday yoga and a walk.  Then we went to Abba night.  Saturday morning Pilates, and then I got a request from the property manager.  There was a leak at the apartment.  It was the dishwasher.  I had purchased a new dishwasher but the tenant said it was fine.  It wasn't and it was leaking.  I replaced the dishwasher. I fixed the fence that was getting old and leaning.  I talked to a tenant.  It looks like he will be leaving later this year.  It will be good to get one more unit under property management.  I have been waiting several years for this to occur. I did some  more trip planning.  I got us a different hotel in Dublin so we are downtown. I made  reservations for the moulin rouge The day The sails came down.  The money I had sent to Bali with the incorrect account number finally came back.  So to summarize. Several things that have been needing to be done have been done and things  have worked out for the best.It is a nice feeling.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cats in Istanbul are the new Sultans.