Missing Glasses

No. I didn't lose my glasses, but I do lose my glasses constantly. It is a complete  range of states of being. 
 The states  of loss, of  dispare, acceptance of the lose, the joy of finding them, the guilt of losing them, the determination not to lose them again, the anger when I realize that someone hid them, the acceptance that they are  and the eventual ignorance of their existence until I need them again and I have lost them. The cycle starts over again.  Unitil I buy new ones, and I have a new favorite.  I can't get rid of the old ones because they were my friend and companion for such a long time.  Then they break. I try to fix them because I feel responsible.  I try fix them, but they are not fixable.  Do I abandon them in a drawer as they may be used for parts. Do I throw them away.  Does the goodwill want them, I doubt it.  It seems like they don't sell used glasses. The final death and deposit of them in the garbage can is liberating.  I am free.  Their death has set me on a new path.  Of losing my glasses.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cats in Istanbul are the new Sultans.