dinner at Peter's house





Silvia is still looking great.


Christian and Tanya and Lyle 
It is interesting the conversation topic have changed.  There has always been a certain amount of talk and travel, but it seems that travel topics has more dominance.  Even today I was talking to a tenant after fixing a dishwasher.  The topic was where they went.  I also went to a lomi massage. The guy was born in have Hawaii but learned at the school in Bellevue.  I may have said I like to travel, and then he went on about travel. I know I talk about travel all the time.  I think about it all the time. The question is how to I not talk about travel but still travel and have meaningful conversations that may include an influence from travel but not really mention it.  For example. One way to say something. I met a guy in France, or another way to say it, I met a guy who thought about the world differently than me.  I found it refreshing.  I am still a bit mixed up about making travel plans for this summer.  It is not the travel I am looking for but for the different experience and knowing that I learn when I do a trip that centers around learning.  I often think I can learn as much by staying home than going, but I know that is not true.  During travel you can find yourself doing things that are not available at home.  I think about the one day on the Camino.  I checked into my hotel and there was not much there so I went into the center of the village. There I sat at a cafe. The guy was handing out a flyer about a massage.  I said I wanted to make an appointment.  He said come back at 3.  While sitting there I saw a little car pull up.  They were unloading it.  I saw a big carton of wine in a box come out.  Know I know how they can give us so much wine for so little money. I take a walk around the town and visit the old church.  There is a sign about the mas in latin to be held in the evening in a thousand years old church.  I go back to the place where i had lunch. I am here for the massage.  He said just a minute.  We then got into the small car that brought the wine and he drove me into the village. U got out in front of a very old building.  Inside I met the man who I credit for me seeing what massage is about.  We talked and laughed.  He got very sweaty as he really moved his body.  I realized how athletic a masseuse has to be to do a good job.  He is the one who said that laughter is the massage of the soul.  After this I had to time before the mass.  I talked to fumiko.  It was nice hearing her voice so far away.  I went to the mass and the two Canadians sisters where there .  They had been to this town before and loved this mass.  After mass I went back to my hotel.  There were people there. A couple from Arizona and a woman from Portland, and they were all speaking Spanish.  I used my best Spanish.  It was a delightful evening.    So the moral of this story is that this probably wouldn't not have happened if I was staying home a reading a book.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cats in Istanbul are the new Sultans.