effort and ease in yoga and dance


Saturday I went to the gosh yoga class in belltown. It was a four hour class that was about half philosophy and half moves.  The philosophy is Indian.  I sun it up as "I am not me".   I am.   One can say not me, but that is not the point.  The class made me think back to all the time I spent trying to think about what was being taught in those classes at SU.  It may be worth digging that book up and looking at it again to see if I understand better now.  

The yoga class was about effort and ease.  This is applied to yoga.  In a standing position that is where one tries to rest.  Even though you are actively standing it is a place to try to find ease.  The idea is that any of the yoga positions should find ease in the posture.  Muscles are being released when others are extending.  Finding the ease in each posture was their message.  I think that the swing out is a perfect move where I find effort and ease at the same time without consciousnly thinking about it 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cats in Istanbul are the new Sultans.