work reflections

I talked with an old colleague today. Usually I don't want to think about my past employment.  It seems like that world doesn't exist now, but when someone talks about their world it becomes like a mini time travel to another time.  I think about those experiences. Some are positive, some negative and some just funny.  So, the negative experience was on my last day. I thought it would be a good idea on the exit interview to ask to review my employment file. It should be a very non event, especially since I need really had an dialogue with the  human resources department.  In reviewing the file, I find a sealed envelope.  It had my name on it.  I asked what it was.  Angie acted like she had no idea, that maybe I had requested it to be put there for some emergency contact, but she didn't want me to open it. I said if it is in there I should see what it is.  I open it. It was a reprimand for me doing development review, which was not my job, and that I was warned not to do that. The letter was signed by my boss.  The interesting thing is I do remember him telling me not to do development review as there were comments.  I said that I was asked to assist, and where it impacted maintenance that I thought it was a good thing, but if he didn't want me to help that would be fine. I asked that the letter be removed as I had never received it during my employment so it was bullshit that it was there.  Angie said she would have to ask her boss.  Later in the day she said it was agreed that it would be removed.  I reflected on it it was that kind of double talk and behind the employees back that I was leaving.  In an case other places were the same, little did I know at the time.

 A fun time and positive time in this job was actually the day after mother's Day. I had a meeting with the king county guys to talk about work status, but every guy had a special glow of a successful evening with their wives.  We all treated our wives and the mother of our children, and we had that special relaxed glow of satisfied men as we talked about work. It really is important for me to have sex regular.

  A funny time was when I was with Mike looking at a drainage pond.  Steve called him.  He looked angry.  After he hung up he was so mad he hit the fender of the truck with his fist.  It left a big dent. I thought it was funny that later on Steve asked about where the dent came from.  I said maybe it came from a crazy person. I didn't say an employee crazy with his bullshit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cats in Istanbul are the new Sultans.