An accident. It can can happen to anyone.

I have been hyper-aware of walking anywhere in the streets of Istanbul. The streets are narrow. Pedestrians cross traffic at anytime. Cars stop in places that you would think they should not.   Motorbikes don't stop for anything if they can find a way to get around it. 
Today, I heard a big crunch.  I looked up, and saw a bus that  took the mirror of a taxi cab. The taxi was stopped in a bike lane. It was blocking half the travel lane. The taxi driver was angry at the bus driver.  I am not sure what happened or who was at fault.  Probably the bus driver should have used his horn until the cabby moved.  When I had walked  a block away,  I saw some police cars and motorcycle cops heading that direction. Probably it got resolved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cats in Istanbul are the new Sultans.