Random Observations in Turkey.

At breakfast this morning there were two American men who looked like they had hair transplant surgery.  Half their heads were covered in gauze.  I have lost a lot of hair. I wear a hat to keep my head warm. Because I don't have much hair.  I did a quick search, and there are a lot of places that do one day hair implant surgery.  I filled out a request form to see how they will reply.  They replied and I have to send some pictures and complete a medica history.

My hair is a bit unmanageable, so I took a walk to look for a barber.  I was going to have all my hair cut off.  The barber I went to just trimmed my hair. I guess he didn't want to make a error and cut off two much.  I have had experience in the states where the barber just cuts everything.  Maybe because I am old man the barber knows it may not grow back so quickly.
Turkish toilets.  At the last hotel I saw the knob on the wall and the silver nib in the toilet.  I didn't have a clue what it was. At this hotel I realized it is a bidet.  It is not as warm or effective as Japanese bidet, but an improvement over none at all.
On my walk in the neighborhood, there are apartment blocks with high concrete walls, Barb wire security cameras, closed gates, back up power generators.  It is almost that they are preparing for some kind of conflict.  Perhaps there has been  economic insecurity in the past so people prepare for the future.  It looks like these installations are 30 years old.
I really didn't want to buy anything, but the dance room was very hot and I would sweat so much that I ran out of dry shirts.  As the dance is located in the mall in a performance space, there are both expensive stores and inexpensive.  I bought two shirts at this store.  The shirts are a 100 thread count.  There was one that had a 150 thread count.  The store manager kept talking to me about Turkish clothing. His English was quite good.  He said he has never been to an English speaking country.  He haa only studied here. I bought a couple of t shirts at the sporting goods store located on the lower level of the mall 
The dance was a bit dis organized last night.  They had a show night, but it started an hour late.  It was hard to see as well because of all the people. I was really tired and if I had known that it was starting late, I would have taken a nap before.  The moral is that if you need a nap, take it.  If you are tired you cannot enjoy things well.  I left about 1230.  I didn't really ask people.  I was just waiting for people to ask me.  It is a good way to go if you are tired

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cats in Istanbul are the new Sultans.