pontus and Isabella

Picture with Isabella and pontus.  It is funny that they remember me from other eventf
We discussed connection.  It is one of the most important part in dancing.  
Today we learned about an extended circle.  At first I thought they were just doing a swing out variation, and after a couple of rotations with different partners, I realized  that they were talking to me,  because it is not a swing out variation it really is circle to open.  It is probably that my swing out is really similar to a circle.  I stopped and tried to count but  I stop paying attention to the follower, so I go back to looking at the shapee
 
The followers were mostly coming in from the open position into the circle on their own. I was having problems getting a good connection.  Isabella talked about the dance being one that starts from tension.  Thus the rock step or a swivel gives that necessary tension to allow to come together in  a centrifugal force. I found that I got s better result if I started with a send out first.  The followers would know what my proposed connection. 

 so her she s coming in. Notice she I going in for the hug. His five
 
He turns on the spot 
he rotates and in a swing out he would let go but he continues around in the circle 
her he completed the turn on the spot and lets her go back either with step step or triple step

 The variations is leading a free outside turn for the follower

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cats in Istanbul are the new Sultans.