The start of a trip

So I am at SeaTac airport. Another trip is soon to begin. Passport, Visa, money, hotel reservation, airport tran14 sfer, and a rough idea of what I will be doing.  I think I have been interested in seeing instant since I was twenty years old.  I studied history and art, and this part of the world has so much history. Last night I was reading a bit more and I realized how little I know.  I am sleepy today as I went to hot Pilates this morning and a morning walk with fumiko.  14 hours from now I will be going through customs in Istanbul.  I am always a bit nervous traveling, especially when I start.  Once I get to my destination, and get checked in, and take a nap, I wake up with a youthful energy.  I want to see and experience everything.  I see my fellow airplane passengers arriving at the gate.  It seems like a everyone is from some where else. A man wearing a red  and turban walks by me, another man wearing a black turban is dozing off.  The flight crew has started to arrive at the gate.  They were nice at the check in counter.  They were surprised to see only my backpack.  Traveling light..
This is it.  And my heavy coat and day pack is inside.  It is freeing to travel light.   I am thinking I would like to buy a Turkish jacket, or some traditional type of clothing.  It is so cool to wear something interesting. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cats in Istanbul are the new Sultans.