strange way to sell things

Strange way to try to get you to come to their shop.  The procedure is to approch a person and start talking with them just as if they are your brother.  I really want to walk not go to someones shop.  This guy came up to me and starts talking to me. I figure the way to get him to go away is to ask to take a picture of him.  He said ok. Then he really wanted me to follow him to his spice shop.  I said he could follow me and I was specific about my proposed route.  He got angry and said he was not my friend and that I needed to delete the picture of him off my phone  at that instance.  I just walked away from him. He was trying to make me do what he wanted.  It is a bit of a control issue that people have.  If they control you they think you will do what they ask. If you don't do what they want they get angry.  It is best to be around people who do what they want.   Right after I ran into another tourist.  She said I saw you talking to that guy.  I said he was trying to sell me something.  She says, that she gives them the evil eye.  I walked with her to the end of the park.  I went left  as I was going to the Galata tower and she went to the right to walk along the water.  That is always a good to have a positive encounter after a negative.  I don't have a picture of the tourist, but that is ok...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cats in Istanbul are the new Sultans.