Massage School?

I have been thinking that I know very little about the structure of my body.  I can feel things under my skin that are muscles.  I see blood vessels.  I feel major bones. I can massage most of my body. Especially feet, hands legs arms and neck and shoulders, but really what am I doing?  If there was a massage program that stated ok we will teach you how to take care of yourself with massage I would take that class immediately.  I have looked at several programs that would give me the knowledge and skills to be a location Massage therapist. It is a good option, but it does take a commitment of time and money.  The biggest commitment is the time.  I want to be able to travel and going to school locally and travel internationally doesn't work too well.  I really don't want to be away from home more than a month or a bit more.  So this excludes some of the four months programs that are available.  I found some two weeks or month long programs that are in far flung parts of the world.  Those seem very attractive to me.  The problem is that I would only be getting a part of the picture.  I have signed up for an introduction course in February.  That may be helpful I'm deciding.  There is a two week program in Chang Mai which is also very interesting.  Perhaps I could do both sooner than later and I could decide after. Chag Mai late Feb to March 1. Or maybe go later like in March.  And if I like the idea of getting a massage therapist license , I would start in the fall.  I could also go do additional classes in the summer in Bali.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cats in Istanbul are the new Sultans.