temple pastry , morning ritual, rituals in general

On our morning walk we were talking about rituals.  It would be interesting for a once a week cooking class that is based upon rituals.  Cleaning your hands, unwrapping your knife, sharpening it. Then preparing the food. Giving  thanks for the food. Washing the food.  Cutting, cooking, and eating it.  A complete ritual dinner, but not religious.  The food ritual.  As time goes on I may come up with more details of this ritual, but at this point I like the ritual of having a coffee and pastry. I have been doing this ritual most of my adult life, and will do it until I die.

I think we were talking about religion and faith.  Where the basis for a lot of religions is Faith in something that defys rational thought.  Really?  I am drinking the blood and eating the body of Christ.  I don't think so.  

We also talked about people who have a lot of bravado.  Those people are confident.  Sometimes people make stuff up to make themselves even more important.  I get turned off when someone starts a talk telling about their background, their qualifications for speaking.  After they do this, they have set you up for a lie.   Judge what is said, not Judge the source.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cats in Istanbul are the new Sultans.